Saturday, August 10, 2013

Ohlone principal suddenly resigns (letter to President Kronenberg)




---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Giorgio Cosentino <gcosentino1964@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Ohlone principal resigns
To: Madeline Kronenberg <mkronen@aol.com>
Cc: Charles Ramsey <charamsey@comcast.net>, Todd Groves <toddagroves@gmail.com>, "Enos, Randall" <renos@wccusd.net>, Elaine Merriweather <elainemerriweather@gmail.com>, "Harter, Bruce" <BHarter@wccusd.net>, "Harrington, Theresa" <tharrington@bayareanewsgroup.com>, "Taylor, Adam" <ATaylor@wccusd.net>, Bill Kelly <trulyindependentman@gmail.com>, Sherry McCoy <sherrymccoy.hercules@gmail.com>, Ohlone PTA <ohlonepta@hotmail.com>, "Ironradin@comcast.net" <Ironradin@comcast.net>, Bayside CouncilOfPTAs <baysidepta@gmail.com>, Myrna de Vera <myrnaldevera@aol.com>



Dear President Kronenberg,

I have just been informed that Ohlone Principal, Mickie Giacomini, has just resigned after one year of employment with the WCCUSD to take a job closer to her home in Rockin, just weeks before school begins.  I repeatedly communicated to you and Director Taylor that your hiring of someone living in Rocklin made no sense, that I predicted this happening.   And it has. With short notice.  Like some sort of sick joke.

I am requesting a complete investigation into this hiring decision.  I want to know how the job position was advertised, where it was advertised, when it was advertised, how many applicants, the qualifications of each applicant, who sat on the review panel, what feedback was received from the review panel, etc.  I want to see copies of all primary documentation.  Dr. Harter made this hiring decision at the same time all other Hercules principal positions were changed.  He even replaced the Hercules Middle-High School principal with a first-timer.  For their first stint at the helm, they are responsible for two schools and a WASC survey this coming school year.  I am now questioning that decision, too.

I'll be honest and say I can't tell the difference between just making do with what you have at your disposal, incompetence, or retaliation as a result of the Measure K fallout, which included then President Ramsey's negative comments directed at Hercules.  If Mr. Ramsey never made those comments, then I might be able to accept this as par for the course with the WCCUSD.  I hope that is the case, that Dr. Harter was simply forced to make do with a lousy deck of cards.  Is that what happened?

Please investigate this not just for me, but as part of the WCCUSD quality improvement process.  What is the corrective action to this incident?  I hate to say I told you so, but I did, and still have the emails to prove it.  I told you she would leave for a job closer to home. As the liaison to the Hercules schools, I ask that you please provide a summary of your investigation to the citizens of Hercules.  

Thank you, President Kronenberg.

Respectfully,
Giorgio Cosentino

1 comment: