Sunday, December 11, 2011

Example of lacking protocol

A teacher said to a parent "Didn't your child (elementary school) tell you I placed them in a literacy intervention program?"  The communication to the parent was anything but formal.  I requested from district assistant superintendents and the school principal, and district-school document describing their implementation-communication of a literacy intervention program.  I cited the following as an example of what it was I was seeking.


No one had an answer for me.  Nothing.  The default should have been a guiding document drafted at the state level.  Such guiding documents are very useful for those too busy putting out fires as is the common scenario in our district.  So maybe the real problem is at the state level.  To handle such sensitive, critical issues without strict adherence to some sort of protocol is at the very minimum, irresponsible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment